UFA, Inc., headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, with offices in Maryland and Germany, is a global leader in developing Air Traffic Control (ATC) and Aviation simulation technologies. We provide simulation products to civil, military, and education customers worldwide. As manager of our software testing team, you will be overseeing test support across multiple product lines.
• Set QA strategy and direction at an operational level, work autonomously as well as collaborating with other engineering disciplines such as development, devops, program management, product management to establish and execute on common goals.
• Draw on your experience in setting up QA, automation and performance testing infrastructure/environment to create complex end-end and integration tests. Develop and maintain regression Tools
• Recruit and build a high performance QA organization
• Drive quality across all disciplines, providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across entire engineering teams.
• Mange timelines, estimate work efforts. Ensure testing and quality assurance plans are integrated into the development lifecycle for all critical projects.
• Lead and mentor the team of QA engineers and SMEs
• Drive development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
• Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitor and report on test execution
• Significant focus on test operations including reviews, resources, schedule, risks, and roadblocks
• Maintain Product Documentation and write Product Release Notes as needed
• Work with project and product managers to establish and prepare testing requirements.
Education, Experience, and Technical Skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or another technical discipline
• 3-5+ years of experience leading software quality assurance teams and at least 8 years of Testing experience.
• Strong technical leader, with In depth knowledge of both manual testing and automation methods, tools and techniques
• Exceptional communication, presentation, and management skills
• Attention to detail and dedication to quality
• Flexibility to work effectively as part of cross-cultural, geographically distributed teams
What We Offer
• Competitive salary commensurate with relevant education, experience, and application domain knowledge
• Challenging products and projects pushing Air Traffic training technology to new frontiers
• High visibility position with opportunity for increased responsibilities
• Excellent benefits