UFA, Inc. Singapore Branch Office
UFA, Inc., a global leader in developing Air Traffic Control (ATC) simulation and voice recognition technologies, is seeking an ATC Specialist for our Singapore Branch Office. Our ATC Specialists are a key component of our operations by providing testing, installation, training, and support services for our domestic and international clients and by collaborating between the software development teams and the end user to ensure that systems provided meet or exceed expectations. Other duties include air space modelling and human factors studies
This is a position that will include worldwide travel to customer sites, symposiums, and trade shows. Candidates must show initiative, excellent judgment, career aspirations for increased role and responsibilities, and a demonstrated willingness to work as a team.
Successful candidate will be using their ATC expertise and experience on product development teams for our Asia Pacific commercial and military programs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Providing ATC technical expertise and support to our programs and new business development in Asia Pacific
- Onsite customer support
- Conducting product demonstrations, customer installations and training
- Writing and maintaining training materials and user manuals
- Contribute to the planning, preparation and execution of tests for customer projects
- Develop test cases and procedures to ensure coverage of and conformance to business requirements
- Provide analysis and execute testing as required
- Tracks defects and causal analysis to closure
- Providing user support to our broad base of commercial, civil and military Customers
- Recent knowledge (within 3 years) in Air Traffic Control environment, or degree in Aeronautics, Aerospace, or Aviation
- Excellent English and Chinese oral and written communications skills are required
- Experience using Linux Workstations and/or Windows PCs is required
- Show initiative, self-discipline, excellent judgment, career aspirations for increased role and responsibilities, a demonstrated willingness to work as a team with the ability to work alone with engineering support
- Previous experience with software-based standalone or embedded ATC simulation products is a real plus
- International travel is required with some trips up to 3 weeks duration
UFA, Inc. is a US-based small company specializing in Air Traffic Management (ATM) simulation products. We provide simulation software to civil aviation, military, and university customers worldwide. Our wholly owned subsidiary, ATCSim GmbH, is located in Mainz and Kaufbeuren, Germany.
To learn more about us and our products and programs, please visit our web site at www.ufainc.com.
If you are ready to make an impact, email your contact information and current resume to: [email protected].
We are seeking a Senior Software QA Automation Lead to join our Quality Assurance team.
As a member of our team you are highly motivated and energized by the challenge of testing complex applications You are willing to quickly learn new technical areas with each new project, be flexible and able to overcome obstacles. We value engineers who can continuously learn new technologies and tools, solve problems, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Quickly ramp up and gain relevant Aviation / Air Traffic Control domain and technology knowledge
- Investigate and qualify tools to develop test frameworks or techniques to benefit future projects
- Create, advocate and coach test automation best practices to team members
- Analyze legacy systems which may lack formal technical requirements, author test cases & procedures and develop test strategies
- Contribute to test estimation, planning and test execution
- Perform lead duties when needed, including: client discussions, test strategy formation and status reporting
- Set goals with the team, prioritize tasks, and own deliverables
- Drive increased test automation coverage in all areas
- Design and code review automated tests
- Integrate several test platforms and languages
- Communicate and coordinate with Software Development and Project Management
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science
- Tool evaluation, selection and implementation
- Strong up-to-date programming skills, data structures, debugging experience
- 5-10 years experience in Software Automation development
- Experience conducting root cause analysis, working closely with software developers
- Experience with Functional Testing, Negative Testing, Exploratory Testing, Unit Testing, Black Box testing, White Box Testing
- Expertise with Linux and Windows; experience with terminal commands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience with Voice Recognition
- Experience with performance measures for responsiveness, bandwidth, memory, CPU, and accuracy
- Experience with ClearCase (Version control, merging, branching)
- Experience with ClearQuest (JIRA or any other Bug reporting tool)
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI software
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with relevant education, experience, and application domain knowledge
- Challenging products and projects pushing Air Traffic training technology to new frontiers
- High visibility position with opportunity for increased responsibilities
- Excellent benefits
UFA is recruiting Project Delivery Managers to support the delivery of our industry-leading Air Traffic Control (ATC) simulation systems. Manage the project lifecycle from Proposal Development to Project Kickoff, Initial Design and Site Acceptance (inclusive Change Requests). This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meets business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget.
We are looking for problem solvers with strong communications skills who can work well with a geographically dispersed team.
- The single point of contact between UFA and the client for Project decisions
- Work within a matrix management and delivery structure to oversee technical and SME project staff assigned by management
- Manage both internal staff and external sub-contractors
- Acquisition of commercial hardware including domestic and international shipping
- Responsible for project administration and project documentation, e.g. project plans, budget tracking, invoice tracking
- Report on project progress to key internal and external stakeholders
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues and act as the point of contact for the project
- Use best practice risk management, assessing risks in an informed and considered manner and to plan for the mitigation of these risks
- Manage customer expectations and maintain trusting customer relationships
- Work with end users from disparate national and cultural backgrounds
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related STEM field, or equivalent 3-5 years of experience in a technology environment, including 2 years of practical professional experience in project management
- Fluent in project management tools such as Microsoft Project and Excel
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Strong writing and verbal skills
- Flexible and quick to learn
- Track record of delivering projects within a technically complex and dynamic environment
- Experience of successfully engaging senior management and groups of stakeholders
- Clear decision-making ability with the facility to judge complex situations and assess when to escalate issues
- Ability to balance conflicting and changing demands through prioritization and a pragmatic approach
- Preference will be given to candidates with PMP certification and who have worked within an ISO 9001 (or equivalent) environment
- Prepared to travel on the order of 25% with some trips up to 2 weeks duration
- Experience with contract negotiations a plus
As a member of our software testing team, you will be providing test support across multiple product lines.
• Write and maintain unit and system test cases to verify the software
• Write and maintain regression test procedures
• Conduct tests and manage defects from submission to verification and closure
• Install software on various test/production platforms
• Maintain the Software Development/Test Lab computers
• Participate (or Lead) bi-weekly CCB meetings
• Daily PR testing of nightly builds
• Follow up with developers regarding build failures
• Promote successful nightly builds to main line release
• Maintain Product Documentation
• Write Product Release Notes as needed
• Regression Tool Development
• Automated Test Development
• Maintain a test framework
Education, Experience, and Technical Skills
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years of related professional experience in software testing
• Experience with manual testing
• Experience with entering and verifying defects
• Experience with test case design/development/execution
• Must have Java/C programming experience, familiarity with scripting languages such as Python and PERL and development experience with Linux platforms.
• Knowledge of test methods, tools, and processes, familiarity with issue trackers
• Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
• Some travel required to other company offices and customer sites
• Prior experience with testing frameworks such as JUnit, Fitnesse, etc
• Proficiency with professional bug tracking tools (Clearquest /Jira ).
• Familiarity with test automation tools
• Cross platform experience in Windows and Linux platforms
• Software Development / Testing in an Air Traffic Control environment
• Positive attitude with a drive to learn and tackle new professional responsibilities
• Creative thinker interested in identifying effective approaches to testing
• Excellent analytical skills and creative problem-solving abilities
• Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced, project-oriented culture
• Ability to coordinate your work with colleagues and work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Attention to detail and dedication to quality
• Flexibility to work effectively as part of cross-cultural, geographically distributed teams
Our development team is made up of some of the best and brightest in the industry. We welcome over-achievers and seek to hire people who thrive on solving interesting and unique problems and come to work every day excited about the challenges they will face.
What You’ll Do:
Specify, design, develop, and support our ATC simulation products ranging from application development, algorithm development, image generation, voice communications, and voice recognition products.
Utilize modern software engineering methods, software tools and support processes on a product development team for one of our many in-house product and customer programs.
What You Need to Apply:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 2+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Proficient in C and Java
- Experience in UNIX (esp. Linux) environments, and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to interact with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Your Work at UFA
Chosen candidates will develop and support our Radar and Tower simulators and voice recognition technology used widely in the Aviation and Defense industries for air traffic controller training and ATM (Air Traffic Management) research in such areas as airspace modeling, airport design, and human factors studies.
Zur Verstärkung unseres Teams suchen wir für unseren Standort in Kaufbeuren – alternativ auch am Standort Mainz – ab sofort eine/n:
C / C++ oder Java
Als Software-Entwickler/in sind Sie für die Erstellung, Dokumentation und Pflege bestehender und neu zu entwickelnder Module unserer Simulationssoftware verantwortlich.
Sie arbeiten kundenorientiert in einem Team mit hoch motivierten und erfahrenen Software-Entwicklern. Dabei spezifizieren, entwickeln, implementieren und testen Sie im Rahmen Ihres Aufgabenbereiches Software für Echtzeitsimulationen für den Einsatz im Netzwerk unter Windows und Unix / Linux.
Performance und Qualität der von Ihnen erstellten Software tragen wesentlich zum Erfolg unserer Produkte bei.
Sie verfügen über einen Hochschulabschluss (Fachhochschule / Universität / Berufsakademie) in Informatik / Ingenieurwesen oder haben eine vergleichbare abgeschlossene Berufsausbildung mit Schwerpunkt Softwareentwicklung und sind an innovativen Themen im Bereich Simulationssoftware und der Flugsicherung interessiert.
Persönlich zeichnen Sie sich durch Teamgeist, Kreativität und Eigeninitiative aus. Analytisches Denken und methodisches Handeln kombiniert mit der Fähigkeit, technische Inhalte adäquat zu vermitteln, erlauben es Ihnen, im Rahmen unserer Produkte innovative Ideen konsequent zu realisieren und sich schnell und eigenständig in neue Technologien und Architekturen einzuarbeiten.
Ihre Englischkenntnisse ermöglichen es Ihnen, mit Kollegen und auch Kunden weltweit mündlich und schriftlich zu kommunizieren.
Über die bereits genannten Fähigkeiten hinaus sollten Sie idealerweise folgende Anforderungen erfüllen:
- Sehr gute Kenntnisse in der Softwareentwicklung mit C / C++ oder Java
- Erfahrungen im Einsatz von Microsoft Visual Studio oder IntelliJ IDEA
- Sicherer Umgang mit Versionskontrollsystemen
- Kenntnisse im Entwurf und Entwicklung von Benutzeroberflächen mit Qt wünschenswert
Wir bieten Ihnen eine interessante und anspruchsvolle Aufgabe in einem hochqualifizierten Team, ein leistungsgerechtes Gehalt sowie die Möglichkeit des Einstiegs in ein zukunftsorientiertes, weltweit tätiges Unternehmen.
Für telefonische Rückfragen steht Ihnen Herr Neubert unter der Telefonnummer 08341 / 99539-10 gerne zur Verfügung. Bitte senden Sie Ihre Bewerbung an unsere Personalabteilung in Kaufbeuren per E-Mail an [email protected] oder per Post an: